We Make Moving into Avemore Apartments
as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. We’ll make sure there are no surprises on moving day. While you’re busy preparing for your move, we’ll be busy preparing for your arrival.
2. We realize how stressful move-in day can be so we’ll make an appointment with you to complete our new resident orientation. On move-in day all you’ll need to do is drop off your rental payment and pick up your keys.
3. Our team will certify that your apartment home is in quality condition before you arrive with our with 331 point apartment inspection. We will provide you with contact names and numbers so you can reach us as you settle in.
When you lease an apartment in our community, you’re not just a resident, you’re a neighbor. We’re going to listen to your needs, return your calls promptly and address your concerns.
Welcome Home to Avemore Apartments in Charlottesville!
Monday: Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please fill out the form below to submit your application online.
The ENTIRE application must be filled out or it may not be considered for acceptance.
This page is encrypted for your protection.
By submitting this application, Applicant gives consent and authorizes the Landlord and all of Landlord’s representation to make any and all inquiries necessary to verify the information provided herein. This information includes, but is not limited to, direct contact with the Applicant’s current and previous landlords, employers, credit holders, credit references, financial institutions, neighbors, police departments, etc.
By submitting this application: Applicant(s) acknowledges and understands the resident screening criteria as stated below.
RESIDENT SCREENING CRITERIA
42 Resident Screening Criteria
1. Forty-Two, LLC is an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local Fair Housing laws.
2. Apartment availability policy. Apartments become available when they are deemed ready for move-in. A vacant apartment will not be deemed available until it has been cleaned, repainted, prepared and certified by the Property Manager. We update our list of available apartments as each apartment becomes available. An apartment that was unavailable in the morning may become available later the same day as work is completed.
3. Age. All persons over the age of 18 residing in an apartment are considered parties to the lease and must qualify financially.
4. Roommates. Every roommate must complete an application. Each applicant will be separately qualified. The income requirements may be combined.
5. Occupancy Standards. To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in an apartment. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable Fair Housing laws. We allow two related persons per bedroom. For example, a one bedroom apartment may house up to two related people and a two bedroom may house up to four related people. A one bedroom apartment may house up to two unrelated people and a two bedroom may house up to three unrelated people.
6. Application process. We evaluate every apartment application in the following manner:
a. Applicant submits a rental application, answering all questions on the application form, and authorizes the employment history, rental history, and credit and criminal background checks via signature and date.
b. Applicant pays the nonrefundable application fee.
c. From applicants’ responses to the application questions, management will determine whether the applicants qualify for the requested apartment.
d. Management will check each applicant’s credit report, employment history and rental references to confirm that all meet our rental criteria. If the applicant(s) meet our criteria, we will approve the application.
e. This process takes one to two days. We will rent available apartments to applicants in the order that their applications are approved.
7. Rental Criteria. To qualify for an apartment, every applicant must meet the following criteria:
a. Income. The applicants’ total gross monthly income must equal at least three times the monthly rent. Applicants must be able to prove at least one year of employment immediately preceding the date of the application. If applicants have been full time students at any time within the previous year, management will require a lease guarantor. If applicants are unemployed, proof of an alternate source of income is required. If self-employed, a verifiable tax statement showing earnings from the previous year must be provided.
b. Rental History. Every applicant must have satisfactory rental and/or mortgage payment history. If applicants have ever been evicted or sued for any lease violation, the application will be rejected.
c. Credit History. Every applicant’s credit record must currently be satisfactory.
d. Criminal History. If any of the applicants have ever been convicted of a felony, the application will be rejected. If convicted of a misdemeanor involving dishonesty or violence within the past five years, the application will be rejected.
e. Guarantors. If the applicants do not meet one or more of the above criteria, a third party to guarantee the lease may be accepted. The guarantor must pass the same application and screening process that every other applicant must pass except that management will deduct the guarantor’s own housing costs before applying his or her income to our income standard.